[ModLib] PRINTINGS FOR G-67, ANTHOLOGY OF FAMOUS ENGLISH AND AMERICAN POETRY ...

jwol jwol at fast.net
Fri Jun 24 14:30:30 EDT 2011

Thinking I was buying a copy of this title in a first since it excluded Ezra
Pound, I surprisingly discovered there was more than one printing of this
title without Ezra Pound.   That point seems to be covered in the notes to
the 1st of this volume on Scott's site.  Something else caught my eye,
though.  The dj on the second printing has the same number of titles on the
inverse as my first in this volume, 306, but the number of titles referred
to on the back panel of the jacket is different.  In my first, the back
panel refers to 307 titles, on the subsequent printing, it refers to 309
titles.  I guess we an conclude the inverse total is a good guide as to
printing date, but not necessarily 100% all the time.

Just an observation.  I previously pointed out a copy of G-22, On War by
Clausewitz, where the inverse and back panel both refer to 292 titles and on
a later printing the inverse refers to 284 titles and the back panel of the
jacket refers to 299 titles.

My thought was that the inverse and outside of the jackets are printed
separately, causing some to appear to be out of sync.

As I said, just an observation.

John Wolansky