[ModLib] Tess of the D'Urbervilles jacket

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Mon Jun 20 10:34:06 EDT 2011

Does anyone have a balloon cloth copy Tess of the D'Urbervilles (72) in the green pictorial jacket showing a couple on a stone bridge over a stream? The jacket was designed by Paul Galdone (unsigned) in October 1938, so it could have replaced the earlier pictorial jacket in the final balloon cloth printing before the introduction of the larger format. If you have it on a balloon cloth printing, let me know the number of titles inside the jacket so I can date it.

Many thanks!

Gordon B. Neavill
Associate Professor
Wayne State University