[ModLib] Camus, Notebooks, 1935-42, #349

JOHN PETERSON jpetersonlhi at frontier.com
Fri Jun 3 14:33:27 EDT 2011

While doing some scanning for Scot's website, I found that I have two versions of the DJ for Camus' Notebooks.  One has the name of the designer, Salter, on the bottom center of the DJ front, one does not.

While neither version has a catalogue, the one w/o Salter is definitely earlier: it is a binding #11, has Kent EPs, and a price of 2.45.  The version with the name is a #13 binding, has blank EPs and pages of the cheap paper used in circa 1970 printings; the price is 2.95.

Both books have the FMLE 1965 statement, and neither has a catalogue in back.

What I'm wondering is: Is the lack of the designer's name on this title an indicator of a first printing?

John Peterson