[ModLib] Chanlder in ML

Roger Lathbury lathbury at gmu.edu
Tue Dec 27 14:11:46 EST 2011

Dear John:

I did see the dates, and I guess I'm wrong, but I thought ML did a Giant reissue of the four Knopf Chandler novels, originally published as a Knopf omnibus book in 1964--_The Big Sleep; Farewell, My Lovely; The High Window; The Lady in the Lake. My sense was that the ML book was in the 1960's. I know I had the book, but like many book lenders, I lose things when I let others borrow, so I don't have it to hand. I wasn't referring to the one you mention, though I knew about it.

I defer to your expertise.

Best,

Roger
Roger, "The Big Sleep" is a Bogart Movie, but I didn't count it since it wasn't published by ML until 1995, when it was paired with "Farewell My Lovely", replacing "The Lady In the Lake" in the earlier ML chandler volume, #377.

J.