[ModLib] First Twelve Titles

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Sat Dec 17 08:36:32 EST 2011

I have all twelve of the May 1917 titles in first printings. Eleven of them have the list of the first 12  titles facing the title page. The War in the Air didn't have room for a list; the title page faces the verso of the free endpaper and the only blank page in the volume is the verso of the last p age (p. 395). The second printing of The War in the Air states "WITH ILLUSTRATION BY ERIC PAPE" on the title page ( the illustration faces the first page of Chapter I) . Later printings state "WITH A NEW PREFACE TO REPRINT EDITION" on the title page with the one-page preface replacing the illustration.