[ModLib] Gulliver's Travels 100.2 and 100.3

JOHN PETERSON jpetersonlhi at frontier.com
Fri Dec 16 07:46:11 EST 2011

The inside flap of my Fall, 1946 copy (100.2) doesn't say specifically who did the introduction, but quotes Van Doren from his intro inside ("No more savage book was ever written..").  The inside flap of my Fall, 1955 copy (100.3) states that Heilman did the intro, but retains the same Van Doren quote.

My guess is that the printers found some older DJs that they weren't going to just throw away, so they printed the 1954 list on the verso and put them on the books.  More of a "shotgun wedding" than a mismatch.

John Peterson