[ModLib] Gulliver's Travels 100.2 and 100.3

Vincent Civiletti vciviletti at verizon.net
Thu Dec 15 23:35:22 EST 2011

According to the Guide, 100.2 was published from 1931-1950 with an intro by
Van Doren and 100.3 from 1950-1958 with an intro by Heilman.

I have a style 8 book, copyright 1950, with a Heilman intro but the inside
front flap of the dust jacket says the intro is by Van Doren. I thought it
was a mismatched cover and book but the jacket inverse lists 370 titles
which makes it a 1954 publication which belongs on the book with the Heilman
intro.

What do I have? Are the jacket and book mismatched? Was the 100.2 edition
published as late as 1954 in variance to the Guide or did the flap
description from the 100.2 edition continue to be used for 4 years into the
Heilman edition?

Vincent Civiletti