[ModLib] ModernLib Celebrates 15 Years On The Web

Michael Watson archetype at 20ants.com
Mon Aug 15 19:10:00 EDT 2011

Scot,

 From rec.books.whatever to modernlib you've been an initiator and a
contributor. Well done.

I've never gotten around to studying and testing, thus not a ham, but
have always been somewhat fascinated with it. I bet there's ML
collectors out there on the bands.

73 -Michael

Quoting Scot Kamins <kamins at modernlib.com>:

> Folks,
>
> I was so busy with the Darrell Johnson Project (and studying for my
> amateur radio technician & general licenses) that the 15th
> anniversary  of ModernLib (né Dogeared) slipped past me.  We first
> entered the  World Wide Web on July 18th, 1996.
>
> Hsppy Belated Birthday to us!
>

> Scot Kamins
> We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. --
> Siddhartha  Gautama

  Michael Watson, bookman, Indianapolis IN USA
  archetype at 20ants.com    www.20ants.com    (317)514-3829
  Fine press, limiteds, compilations of letters & correspondence;
  Traditional courtesies to the trade. Always seeking better books.
  Member IOBA: Independent Online Booksellers Association www.ioba.org

  Like intelligent observers before and since, he saw all too clearly
  the evils of both sides, yet could visualize no practical system
  under which fresh parasites could not creep over the corpses of the
  old and fasten their poisonous fangs into the flesh of the State.
  - Malcolm Elwin, biographer of William Makepeace Thackeray,
    on Thackary's views of the two-party political system