[ModLib] Crime and Punishment jacket - earliest without author misspelled

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Tue Aug 2 13:46:52 EDT 2011

Crime and Punishment was published in January 1932 in a uniform typographic jacket with the author misspelled DOSTOYEVKSY on the front panel and spine (the S and K in -SKY are reversed). The first jacket has a fall 1931 list inside. The website dates the corrected jacket as 1934. Were there earlier printings of the jacket with the spelling of Dostoyevsky corrected? If so, I'd appreciate knowing the date the jacket was printed based on the ML list inside, with spring or fall included based on the dating key. I'd also be interested to know if the front flap has generic text about the ML or text specifically about Crime and Punishment.

Many thanks!

Gordon B. Neavill
Associate Professor
Wayne State University