[ModLib] Illustrated Alice

Matthew Buckingham mdbuckingham at msn.com
Wed Apr 20 11:42:59 EDT 2011

Speaking of the Illustrated Alice, I picked up a copy a few years ago on Alibris for $20. The seller posted the listing with an image of the Everyman's Children's Library Alice but described the Illustrated ML Alice quite clearly in his description. When I inquired to ensure he was indeed selling an Illustrated ML edition, he assured me he was like it was no big deal. I didn't make a big deal of it either, because it did not have its acetate cover, although the book itself was VG to NF.

In any case, the ffep includes an interesting owner inscription that indicated to me it might be a presentation copy, perhaps related to the Philco convention copies. Inscribed in fountain pen, it says:

Muriel and George Friedman
Nov 18, 1949