[ModLib] Illustrated Alice

Brian LeMasters brianlemasters at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:26:17 EDT 2011

I, too, finally put my hands on one of these illustrated versions of
Alice not long ago.  It was without acetate or slipcase.  The paper
boards were a bit worn.  The price was nice, so I snatched it up.  I
admit to the experience being somewhat disappointing.  I have owned
several copies of the Random House club edition of which this is a
duplicate on the inside - illustrations and all.  However, it is a great
sideline piece in the publishing history of the Illustrated Modern
Library and it will always have a spot on my shelf.  $1600 may be a bit
much, even for a nice original acetate, in my opinion.
Brian