[ModLib] Medieval Romances (133.2)

Ron Holl ron at scribblemonger.com
Sun Apr 17 11:21:35 EDT 2011

The Yellow Spine 133.2 saga continues:

Barry: I agree, I've flopped back to thinking it is faded.  Looking at the
image from Jim at 400%, you can see orange along the spine edges, and even
running horizontally between those thin gold bands at the bottom of the
yellow section.

Joe: True, we may never know for sure.  And you can add Life and Death of
a Spanish Town and Babbitt to common red spines that fade, and it doesn't
become yellow.  Why this one?  Does this red have more yellow in it?

Darrel: Given this is a common, we probably could experiment with
attempting to fade one.  I'll see if I can find an old EEPROM eraser.

Roger: Thanks for the history on jacket printing.  From what you know, any
opinion on this jacket issue?

------

But still, that yellow is so bright.  And we have the fact that yellow
spines have only been seen on jackets with 379 titles.  Perhaps there just
is not a big enough sample.

There are over 130 folks on this mailing list; hopefully we can get data
on more than just 4 or 5 jackets.  OK, maybe we have 7 or 8 (because some
that have responded have more than one copy).