[ModLib] Medieval Romances (133.2)

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Fri Apr 15 21:54:35 EDT 2011

Laura Hibbard Loomis died in 1960, three years after Medieval Romances was published, so it was reasonable to omit her affiliation on later printings. I have a fall 1962 printing in this configuration (no yellow on the spine of the dj).

Roger Sherman Loomis retired in 1958 and held the rank of emeritus professor at Columbia from 1958 until his death in 1966, so in his case it was appropriate to retain the Columbia affiliation on the title page.