[ModLib] Letterpress and Offset in Modern Library Texts and Jackets

Michael Watson archetype at 20ants.com
Sun Apr 10 23:37:23 EDT 2011

On the contrary, I believe that we are welcome to expound on nearly
anything pertaining to ML books. The technical aspects of the printing,
typography, etc. are just as germane to our discussion as bindings,
variants, etc. I read every word of your post and saved it.

You are a contributor to the general good.

-Michael

On 4/10/2011 9:57 PM, Roger Lathbury wrote:
> Thanks! Few others are interested in such matters, and since what I say does not always pertain to questions Scot or others ask, I'm uncertain about its welcome. But it's easy to ignore. If I don't burst in too often, perhaps my intrusions won't be resented. I do enjoy reading this list serv and contributing, such as I can.
>
> Cheers.
>

> R.

  Michael Watson, bookman, Indianapolis IN USA
  archetype at 20ants.com www.20ants.com (317) 514-3829
  Compilations of letters & correspondence; memoirs; diaries
  Fine press, limiteds, literature, and unusual non-fiction
  Traditional courtesies to the trade. Always seeking better books.
  Member IOBA: Independent Online Booksellers Association
  http://www.ioba.org
  Offering a safe, secure bookbuying experience at
  http://www.iobabooks.com/bookstores/ants20.html

  For in politics, as in religion, it is equally absurd to aim at making
  proselytes by fire and sword. Heresies in either can rarely be cured
  by  persecution.
  - From the Federalist Papers

  I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by
  reorganizing, and what a wonderful method it can be for creating the
  illusion  of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, &
demoralization.
  - Petronious Arbiter, Roman Emperor Nero's advisor on
    issues of luxury & extravagance