[ModLib] ML and ISBN numbers (this is about ISBN's more generally)

Ron Holl ron at scribblemonger.com
Wed Apr 6 12:26:49 EDT 2011

> But -- and I may have missed it -- nobody seems to have answered my
> original question: When, exactly, did ML first begin adding ISBNs to
> dust jackets?

In 2006 Barry made this statement:
"ISBNs were in widespread use by the 1970s, but I don't know precisely
when Random House adopted them."

Perhaps he has gained some new information.

I think the only "first edition" title with an ISBN is the Auden second
edition.  My copy has the ISBN, blank end papers, a last copyright of