[ModLib] WONDERING ABOUT 55.1 WILSON ...

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Wed Apr 6 11:39:55 EDT 2011

Selected Addresses and Public Papers of Woodrow Wilson was published in December 1918, probably during the last half of the month, and was discontinued in 1929.  It's listed in the Dec. 28 issue of Publishers' Weekly in the "Weekly Record" of newly published books.

I have a later copy in the first of the three B&L jackets shown, except mine is on bluish paper and lists the price as 95 cents.

It exists with five different title pages, including a Brodzky pictorial title page, a typographic B&L title page that omits "Inc." from the publisher's name, and a ML, Inc. title page. My copy of the B&L title page with the monk device is in a ML, Inc. binding, which was fairly common for final B&L printings.