[ModLib] WONDERING ABOUT 55.1 WILSON ...

jwol jwol at fast.net
Mon Apr 4 20:39:32 EDT 2011

I recently acquired a 1919 copy of this title you can view on Scott's site.
It is the middle book pictured.  In fact, the jacket is really much closer
in color to the first book.  The book has Brodzky endpapers with the naked
men in the library title page.  The jacket lists to 77.1, Tolstoy's
Redemption, another 1919 release.  The 85 Cents on the spine is really a
label taped over the original price which would have been lower, I expect.

Toledano lists this as a 1918 issue, and I do have a copy with catalog 5 and
binding 1.   Notice that the jackets on Scott's site all refer to the volume
including the December 2, 1918 Address to Congress before sailing to France.
Catalog 5 indicates a fall 1918 release.   Wondering if this title was
issued in late December 1918, or was in fact a 1919 release with 1918
trappings?

John Wolansky