[ModLib] Scarcity of titles W/dj

dchock7 at aol.com dchock7 at aol.com
Fri Oct 29 22:53:33 EDT 2010

I think Joe is correct in his selection. I have only seen one Treasure Island in a DJ  come up for sale on ebay in the last 10-15 years. Why jacketed copies are so rare I do not know; the title was discontinued in 1928, but it seems like more copies should have survived. I don't believe there has ever been a jacketed War in the Air on ebay. You do see the Hammett occasionally, probably because the author and title still are so popular. I would add Howells- Hazard of New Fortunes to the list. Like War in the Air, ML discontinued publication the early 1920s.
Pete