[ModLib] Scarcity of titles W/dj

JOSEPH HILL goodbooks at webtv.net
Fri Oct 29 17:43:58 EDT 2010

Much ado has been made over the years of the Gatsby and the illustrated Alice. I know collectors who have one or both titles in their collection Yet, I maintain we have sleepers that are much harder to obtain, just to name a few.

1.) War In The Air (5.1. & 5.2)
2.)Treasure Island
3. ) Jon Uhl (B&L or Modern Library Inc. DJ)
4.) Hammett (First DJ)
Also, a few more that one never sees up for sale
I have been buying and selling the series for  50 years...and even in the early days one did not see these titles on the market.
So, those lucky collectors that are always coming up with a "find" for a few $, don't hold your breath on these gems.

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY
OXFORD WORLD'S CLASSICS
FOLIO SOCIETY OF LONDON
LOEB CLASSICAL LIBRARY