[ModLib] FW: A SHORT HISTORY OF THE US, ML 235.1 FIRST PRINTING IN TWO VERSIONS?

Gordon B. Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Wed May 5 22:57:10 EDT 2010

John,

I'm currently revising my ML bibliography for electronic publication by the University of Virginia and have promised it to them by the end of the summer.  I'm very interested in your posting since I hadn't noticed the later printings with the FIRST statement. I have the true first but not the later printings you describe that retain the First ML statement. I'd be very grateful if you could send me a scan or photocopy of the verso of the title page with the statement you quoted. Could you also tell me if the pagination of your two later copies is exactly the same as the true first, with the index ending on p. 528 and no subsequent pages (either blank or with a ML list). Also, does the front panel of the jackets have the same statement as the true first: "With a special chapter by the authors which brings the chronicle up to the summer of 1944."

If it's simpler to send a photocopy, it would be best to use my home address: 1027 Burns St., Detroit, MI 48214.

Thanks very much!

Barry Neavill