[ModLib] The Metropolitan Opera Guide

Brian LeMasters brianlemasters at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 17:27:06 EDT 2010

By way of comparison, I have another copy in the buckram binding dated
Spring 1963 by the in-text catalog.  The 1963 copy has the same number
of pages, 497, as the 1943 copy.  The bibliography in the rear of the
text appears the same, with the same prices listed (1943 prices, that
is).  The 1963 copy does not have a print history listed, and shows the
"W", which I have previously associated with book club copies of non-ML
titles.  So, did old sheets get buckram-bound with a new title/copyright
page?  It seems that the page opposite the TOC in the 1963 copy has been
updated to say "former General Manager".