[ModLib] How was this published????

TheBookScene.com bookscene at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 08:04:14 EDT 2010

Gordon,

Your comments appear directly on target. And they explain another phenomenon
I noticed at this sale. Scores of apparently unread books (primarily Dover
Books) had on the 1st page pencil notations like:

"Order 50
No author royalty"

or

"Order 25
10% author royalty"

I thought they must have been donated by an educational institute or small
publisher clearing out there reference library. I thought it might be Peter
Smith, but there were no other indications. Then I found the Peter Smith ML
with no notation, so was still a bit uncertain. Guess Peter Smith was
clearing out some unneeded materials.

Peter Smith is actually in Gloucester Mass. I wandered into their shop many
years ago (maybe 20 years ago) while driving through the Beverly-Gloucester
area. Did not like their bland bindings!

Neal

TheBookScene.com