[ModLib] The American Mercury ad

Brian LeMasters brianlemasters at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 21:53:27 EST 2010

Greetings to all,

At the bookstore last night, I found a large hardback facsimile copy of
the first four installments of The American Mercury magazine bound
together in one volume.  This magazine was listed on a
postcard that I ran across recently and was thus on my radar.  So, there
it was, on page 4 of the inaugural publication of the mag (Volume 1, No
1, January 1924), a full-page ad for Boni&  Liveright with a nice little
blurb for The Modern Library.

The backstory for this magazine makes for interesting reading.

Brian