[ModLib] NEW OR VARIENT COVER?

Ron Holl modlib at windstream.net
Sun Dec 19 21:33:39 EST 2010

These variant covers have been known for awhile.  When finding what looks like a new binding, a good resource to check first is the ML Bindings page located here:

http://modernlib.com/Identifiers/bindingsProjectTable.html

The footnotes at the bottom identify the known oddities.  There are currently three:

1 - Also seen in a binding #13 with a #9 spine
2 - Also seen in a binding #14 with a #9 spine
3 - Also seen in a binding #14 with a #12 spine

The World's Great Operas has not been seen in that binding, and appears to need a footnote added.  The only problem is it a new footnote, or a footnote 3.  I'm guessing it is a 3.  Scot, please add this.  I'll update the MS Word document.

The Anthology of Irish Literature is probably the most commonly found title with one of these oddities, as it has been seen on multiple occasions.

ron