[ModLib] NEW OR VARIENT COVER?

Darrell Johnson zebradlj at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 13:45:32 EST 2010

John,

I have a John O'hara: BUtterfiled 8.  It has the fujita logo at the top of the spine. It has the outlined titled box used on the two later 1963 variant spnnes.  It has a blind stamped ML logo on the cover.

The cover indicates a 67-68 book; but the spine suggests 1963.

The jacket has a $2.95 price.  So the jacket is later.  It has isbn 394-60323-0, so the jacket is after they started using isbn's on some titles.  And the book contains a Spring 1967 inats list.

The oddest thing about the book is the font used in the title box on the spine.  It is a very small font that I have never seeen on any other variant in any time-frame.

Darrell