[ModLib] Random House Vintage Books with ML style buckram bindings

Eric Hanson eric at allforma.com
Sun Apr 25 18:01:56 EDT 2010

Hi,

This may be somewhat off topic, but someone here may know. I recently picked
up a Random House, Vintage Books edition, in a buckram binding which is
almost identical to that used for the Modern Library. Here’s a photo of the
book, with a Modern Library buckram for comparison:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4HE6nGKR3uPNGZkM2JjZmItYmYzNy00MDc5LTlkMDAtZWU4MTk0NjJiZWVk&hl=en

Is there any information available about this series and its buckram
bindings?  Google comes up with very little - only an Abe Books listing for
a different title.

My immediate questions are:

-- How many different buckram bound titles are there in this series (my copy
has V-135 on the spine)?

-- Is there any sort of reference or guide for this series?

Thanks.

Eric Hanson