[ModLib] Jacket Range Project: Preparing to start over.

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Tue Jan 13 19:30:21 EST 2009

On Jan 13, 2009, at 4:14 PM, Darrell Johnson wrote:

> According to Ron we already have "The Problem" - I.E., the four
> jackets for Adam's don't even have a chronological order because one
> was a temporary misprint.  I needed a way to refer to them without
> using the date above them, since we expect those to change, and I
> thought we would want the reference method to stay constant.

I think it best that the dates will stay as they are until we have
sufficient reason to change them. When we DO change them, people can
use the new dates which will be a range that looks like this:

Questioning/Assuming ending date:        1939 - 1947?

Questioning/Assuming starting date:      ?1939 - 1947

Questioning/Assuming both dates:         ?1939 - 1947?

> How about we do this.  Scot can run through the photos and add the
> letter designations to website.

That will be very confusing to people who are NOT on this mailing list
and know nothing of the project, so I don't think that's a good idea.
Why can't it be as simple as this:
• Who's got an Adams dust jacket?
• Which of the images on the adams page does it look like, using the
current date above the image to identify it?
• Using the dating key and the list inside the dust jacket ( or other
valid dating method), what's the date of your dust jacket?

Scot Kamins
Over 50? Thousands of discounts for you
at http://www.SeasonedSpender.com