[ModLib] Re: Adams Jacket: New Information

Ron Holl modlib at windstream.net
Tue Jan 13 18:18:20 EST 2009

> I suspect that the second Adams jacket displayed on ModernLib (the so called B jacket) is a misprint of some kind.... and not an intentional design change.  We may find it restricted to just one season, or a very tight range of dates.

Following up on this theory, I have confirmed that the Adams jacket WITH the intro text (the jacket with the 1963 date on modernlib.com, and what Darrell calls "C") is the standard jacket for that entire period (40's, 50's, 60's).  That jacket exists with 268 titles, wrapped around a #7 binding book.  This makes it a Fall 1939 jacket.  I don't know if the #7 binding is the larger size, as found on 11.3 of that time.  I'll try and find out.

The jacket without the intro text is likely a printing error.