[ModLib] Jacket Date Range; Auden; and discussion of design

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Tue Jan 13 13:52:59 EST 2009

On Jan 13, 2009, at 9:08 AM, Scot Kamins wrote:

> 1) I don't follow why you're calling both "A". Why not call the
> different designs "A" and "B" for simplicity sake, rather than
> relying on long descriptions?

I mis-spoke. In fact, I suggest referring to these different jackets
by the dating as it currently appears on the Website (Auden would be
"1959" and "1971 or 1972").

Otherwise you'll get into real trouble when we do  titles like The
Autobiography of Cellini , Great Modern Short Stories, or Pater's
Renaissance (6 styles each);  Madam Bovary, Romance of Leonardo
DaVinci  or Moby Dick (7 styles each);  Brothers Karamazov (10 styles
if you include giants & illustrateds); and so on.