[ModLib] Jacket Date Range; Auden; and discussion of design

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Tue Jan 13 12:08:27 EST 2009

I have several questions about all this.

On Jan 12, 2009, at 9:59 AM, Darrell Johnson wrote:

> These are both “A” jackets because they are also on different
> editions: note the date ranges (the second of which may need to be
> extended to 70-71 or 70-72 now.)

1) I don't follow why you're calling both "A". Why not call the
different designs "A" and "B" for simplicity sake, rather than relying
on long descriptions?

2) About the second entry: It comes from a Web site -- how do you know
what the date of the DJ is since you can't see any verifying info (or
do I assume incorrectly -- and you COULD see verifying info)?

3) If this is a DJ date range project, why are you reporting info
about the book since there's no guarantee that the DJ and the book
have anything in common (since DJs and books are always getting
mismatched)?

Once again, I appreciate the work and the intent -- I just don't
understand the methodology, the logic, or the reporting method.
Scot Kamins
Over 50? Thousands of discounts for you
at http://www.SeasonedSpender.com