[ModLib] New ModernLib Utility -- Instant Book Access from the Home Page

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Mon Jan 12 11:36:55 EST 2009

Folks,

Ron Holl and I (mostly Ron) have created a new search utility for
ModernLib that lets you get to any author page or to any title in the
database directly from the ModernLib home page. You no longer have to
go to the Author list or one of the Title lists.

The utility can find any book in the database -- regular, giant or
paperback. Using the utility is incredibly easy. Type in the author
name (or part of the name), book title (or part of the title), or
Toledano number (or just the whole number part of it), and you go
directly to the book. If what you type is ambiguous, you'll go to a
results page where you can make a final choice -- or do a different
search if necessary.

To get to a paperback or giant using the Toledano number, start the
number  with a P for a paperback or G for a giant.

The flexibility of the utility is especially useful -- like when you
can't recall the author or complete title but know, for example, that
it has the word "murder" in the title.

The utility lives near the bottom of the Home page, in the same area
as the Google search.

Check it out -- it's really great! ;-)

Let me know if you run into any problems or have suggestions for
improvements.