[ModLib] Dust Jacket Date Range Project -- Why So Little Participation?

Ron Holl modlib at windstream.net
Thu Jan 8 12:34:47 EST 2009

> A simple compromise -- if we were to automate, which is unlikely -- is
> to moderate the automation. I'd have to confirm the change before it
> were made.
>
> Moderated automation would still save a lot of work.

Right; the auto update was stated as 'ideal'; but probably not achievable.  Having a small form submit feature would make it easy.  Seeing what is left to determine makes it easy for folks to see what to examine in their collection.  Going to a known website (modernlib.com) makes it easy.  The easier it is, the more participation you'll get.

This will likely be a long term project.  Having the project progress on the website will be easiest for people, especially those that come into it later.  And not only that, I can't get these attachments anyway.