[ModLib] Dust Jacket Date Range Project -- Why So Little Participation?

Ron Holl modlib at windstream.net
Wed Jan 7 18:46:45 EST 2009

Perhaps it would help if there was a table(s) on the website showing each title, and the known DJ end points.  Question marks, or some such marker, indicate end points that are known to be likely/possibly incorrect; this fact is also noted by a gap in years.  For example,

Tale of Two Cities

1935 - 1939
1940 - 1953?
1958? - 1970

Then, if someone has that plain text jacket in a 1954 dj, they use the form submission on that page to indicate so.  Ideally it would update the database immediately; although you may want some verification first.  A thumbnail of the jacket is next to the dates, with a hyperlink on the thumbnail to a larger image.

This way folks could see where the greatest need is, while still being able to check any title that has no question marks for an inaccuracy if they have the time/energy/enthusiasm.

ron