[ModLib] Dust Jacket Date Range Project -- Why So Little Participation?

Scot Kamins scot.kamins at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 14:54:49 EST 2009

Folks,

I'm wondering why there is so little participation in the Dust Jacket
Date Range Project. Are people confused about how to take part,? Is it
that no one has a few minutes to check out the dates of a copy or two
in their collections? Is it something else?

If you tell us why >YOU PERSONALLY< are not participating, we can
adjust things to make it easier.

REMEMBER: you don't have to look at every title of every author in
your collection if you don't have the time or interest. But if you
would just check out a couple of copies, it would really help the
project along!

I really think this project can be quite valuable. It can let us know
what dust jacket styles may be missing from the database. It can also
help determine  the real final printing dates for certain titles. I
would urge your participation.

The vast majority of information at the ModernLib website was
accumulated through the info contributions of plain old individual
collectors like you. Without your contributions, ModernLib remains
static --and that doesn't really help the collecting community, of
which YOU are a member.