[ModLib] Question

Michael Watson archetype at 20ants.com
Sat Dec 26 17:53:07 EST 2009

I second the motion. Such a card is typical as an inclusion with review
copies.

The bigger, better question is how many different types of these exist?
This could be a collecting category unto itself.

-Michael

on 12/26/2009 5:45 PM Scot Kamins said the following:
> I don't know for sure, but it sounds like the kind of card that would be
> inserted in a review copy of a book -- perhaps sent to newspaper and
> magazine book reviewers in the hope of getting some good ink.
>

> On Dec 26, 2009, at 2:25 PM, JOHN PETERSON wrote:
>
>> My question is about a card that the owner gave me.  It is the size of
>> a small postcard, with the Bernhard ML Logo printed and blindstamped
>> on the upper left, and the Random House Logo on the upper right.
>> Lower down, in the middle it reads, "WITH THE COMPLIMENTS OF THE
>> PUBLISHERS."  Is anyone familiar with these, know when and for what
>> they were used?
>
> Scot Kamins
> kamins at modernlib.com <mailto:kamins at modernlib.com>

  Michael Watson, bookman                        Indianapolis IN USA
  archetype at 20ants.com      http://www.20ants.com      (317)514-3829
  Literature,  compilations of letters & correspondence,  non-fiction
       Seeking better books. Traditional courtesies to the trade
        Member IOBA: Independent Online Booksellers Association
                        http://www.ioba.org
           Offering a safe, secure bookbuying experience at
          http://www.iobabooks.com/browse_books.php?id=47132

[Books of great authors] are regarded as part of the necessary
furniture of the house -- not of the mind; and having been duly and
dutifully bought they are taught to know their place on the appointed
shelf. They are taken as read. There are few men now who, when a new
book is published, read an old one. - An anonymous 19th century cynic