[ModLib] Go Figure

Brian LeMasters brianlemasters at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 23:03:23 EST 2009

John,
I keep an eye on the HPBs here in Dallas/Ft. Worth.  Yes, they are
amazingly consistent... the old MLs and ELs are $7.50 and are almost
always in the collectibles and often in an abused condition.  I have
only been to one, the main store in Dallas, that has a dedicated ML
shelf or two or three.  Some of the store branches have started to cover
them in mylar.  I enjoy the hunt for the misshelved book, though, and
occasionally am rewarded with a nice jacketed title tucked away in the
History or Poetry section.  Regrettably, I always overspend my budget in
that place.
If you have not tried this yet, approach a worker or 'manager on duty'
on a slow day and ask them to cut the price.  It has worked for me...if
the book has been sitting there long enough and a more obscure title.

Brian