[ModLib] Concurrent Printing of Different Titles with Same ML #

Ron Holl modlib at windstream.net
Sun Apr 5 09:45:04 EDT 2009

> Gatsby and several other titles that were remaindered at this time were outfitted with newly printed jackets stamped DISCONTINUED TITLE.

Thanks Gordon.  I didn't know new jackets were printed, then stamped.  I thought they took the book with the existing jacket and stamped them.  I suppose the idea was to have a fresh list of titles on the jacket?

I just found this on modernlib.com, under the Gatsby jacket description:

"There was a second printing in fall 1939 (268 titles) created especially to cover all unsold stock. All these jackets were hand-stamped "Discontinued Title.”

We should add similar text for Gilbert.

ron

[ Buy, sell, and trade MLs at http://www.bisibat.com ]