[ModLib] ML appearing in other media

Ron Thoman rgthoman at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 1 16:36:10 EDT 2009

Barry, thanks for the observation and info.

After reading John Wolansky's message, I looked at my Faulkners, and sure
enough I have the BOMC copy of THE REIVERS, and sure enough, on the back of
the dust jacket is the same picture.  I hadn't pulled this off the shelf for
so long that I didn't  remember the picture was there.  Anyway, it is the
same picture as on the front of the Brooks 1983 dust jacket.  Curiously, the
BOMC edition photograph is credited simply to Phyllis Cerf rather than
Phyllis Cerf Wagner.  The copyright of THE REIVERS is 1962, and BOMC
typically put its edition out close to when the original was published.  So
the 1956 photo was being used in 1962 and 1983.  I wonder how many other
dust jackets this obviously stock photo appeared on.

Ron Thoman