[ModLib] Re: Modern Library, National Geographic, Brintanica and Classis Clubs.

Darrell Johnson zebradlj at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 16:02:05 EDT 2008

I see there are other Modern Library collectors who go in for National Geographics and encyclopedias.

I have the Nat. Geo. magazines solid back through 1960 with most of the fifties, and scattered bound volumes from the twenties, thirties and forties.  I also have nearly 1800 copies of National Geographic maps which I store in the magazine slip cases.

I have 3 sets of Britannicas.  A 1979  set and two 11th edition sets: a green octavo set and the smaller brown brown leather set.  The latter was purchased used by my grandfather for my grandmother in 1925.

My little bed room which houses the Netional Geographic material also has my Classics Club editions - both the tan volumes with the red title boxes as well as a fancier set that Black's Reader Service published with "The Works of ...." titles.

I have around 2000 Modern Library volumes in ten book cases.  The ML is on the upper shelves while the lower shelves serve as anchoring with the 12 - 15 diffferents sets of encyclopedias I have.

My house is a book warehouse.

Darrell