[ModLib] References to MLs in reading and reading MLs

robert e. watling jr. rewatlingjr at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 18:30:06 EDT 2008

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 14:59:43 -0700, James Shaw <jpshaw55 at gmail.com> wrote:

> May I recommend a recent read of mine:  The Book on the Bookshelf by
> Henry Petroski.  I wasn't able to finish because of a recent move and
> some health issues, but for anyone like me who is certifiable about
> books, it's a pleasure to read.  It's on the history of books and
> bookshelves.
> This is my first reply on this list.  I recenlty aquired several ML
> books but they are stored for now.  I have thousands of books in my
> basement with no place for them.  Sigh.
> Oh, and besides a recent entry into collecting ML books, I have quite a
> few National Geographics, a run of World Almanacs, and my oddest
> collection, Encylopedia Britannicas.  I'm mostly working on the
> yearbooks, but I often have to take an entire set to get them.  I'm
> getting them free and have 8 full sets between 1943 and 1990.  My wife
> thinks I'm insane but harmless.

Thanks Jim,
Wow! Those Encyclopediae must take up a lot of space. Imagine the weight!
Until my divorce I had the 1968 set my parents bought for us when I was in
high school. Lost them in the divorce along with most of my other books
and about thirty years worth of National Geographics. Love those maps!
Thanks again, I like this group already...rob.

--
If you understand, things are just as they are;

If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

       Zen Proverb