[ModLib] References to MLs in reading and reading MLs

James Shaw jpshaw55 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 17:59:43 EDT 2008

May I recommend a recent read of mine:  The Book on the Bookshelf by Henry
Petroski.  I wasn't able to finish because of a recent move and some health
issues, but for anyone like me who is certifiable about books, it's a
pleasure to read.  It's on the history of books and bookshelves.

This is my first reply on this list.  I recenlty aquired several ML books
but they are stored for now.  I have thousands of books in my basement with
no place for them.  Sigh.

Oh, and besides a recent entry into collecting ML books, I have quite a few
National Geographics, a run of World Almanacs, and my oddest collection,
Encylopedia Britannicas.  I'm mostly working on the yearbooks, but I often
have to take an entire set to get them.  I'm getting them free and have 8
full sets between 1943 and 1990.  My wife thinks I'm insane but harmless.

Jim Shaw
Elmwood Park, NJ