[ModLib] "Modern Library" oddity

Andrew Clark ajclark55 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 16:26:21 EST 2008

Scott suggested I send this out to the list:

I have a question about a book I have, "The Best Psychic Stories," published
by Boni & Liveright in 1920. The title page has a logo at the tail end,a
banner with torches on either end, the publisher name in the center, "BL" on
the left torch, and "Modern Library" on the right torch. Does anyone have
any idea what this is? Doesn't look at all like a ML book, and is not
mentioned in Toledano. Was the phrase "Modern Library" used by BL in other
books?

Thanks for reading,
Andrew