[ModLib] OT: Anyone know ...

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Fri Nov 7 05:16:35 EST 2008

I'm pretty sure it's not Erasmus since Haldeman-Julius was vociferously anti-Catholic. It looks like a generic image to me rather than one meant to represent a specific individual -- maybe a crusading editor or printer with a long galley proof. Haldeman-Julius's autobiographical book The First Hundred Million (Simon and Schuster 1928) isn't indexed and has no illustrations. There's a sizable literature about Haldeman-Julius so maybe you could find the answer there. You could also contact the Leonard H. Axe Library at Pittsburg State Univerity in Pittsburg, Kansas, which has a Haldeman-Julius collection.

Barry