[ModLib] Horde of Haldeman-Julius Little Blue Book SeriesAnywhere?

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Mon Nov 3 21:35:35 EST 2008

You're thinking of the Armed Services Editions. These were published with the cooperation and active support of the American publishing industry. The books were paperbound, and printed on magazine presses -- the kind that printed the Reader's Digest in two columns per page. The books were distributed to American military personnel outside the United States. Bales of books were parachuted wherever American military personnel were located -- remote Pacific islands or wherever. There are several books about them. The major authority on them is John Hench, recently retired from the American Antiquarian Society in Worcester, Mass.

Barry