[ModLib] Gourmont jackets

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Thu May 8 21:41:51 EDT 2008

For my ML bibliography I need to see the following jackets for Remy de Gourmont's A Night in the Luxembourg (1926) and A Virgin Heart (1927):

Night in the Luxembourg: Henry's Dj 4 (there were two printings in 1930 and 1931 of 1,000 copies each that would have been in this jacket; there was also a 1928 printing that might have been in this jacket)

Virgin Heart: Henry's Dj 3 (this was used on the 1927 first printing)

I haven't seen either of these, and neither is shown on modernlib.com. If anyone has these, I'd be grateful to receive scans or photocopies. I also need to date them by spring or fall of a given year according to the dating key on modernlib.com (or you could scan or photocopy the list of titles inside the jacket and I could date it from that). Neither of these is reproduced on modernlib.com so if you have them I'm sure Scot would appreciate scans as well.

I also need to date Dj 4 of A Virgin Heart (this is shown on modernlib.com so I know someone has it).

Many thanks!

Gordon B. Neavill
Associate Professor
Library and Information Science Program