[ModLib] Buckram News

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Sun Mar 23 16:13:16 EDT 2008

Folks,

Two interesting discoveries on the Buckram front.

First, Dan Myers spotted a buckram of Restoration Plays (287.1),
noteworthy because it's not listed in Toledano as being available in a
buckram edition.

And second, ModernLib stalwart John Wolansky picked up a buckram of
Olmsted's Cotton Kingdom (G99.1) unusual in two ways:
(1) The logo combo is weird -- a Fujita logo on the spine and a Kent
logo on the front. I don't know of any other buckram with this combo.
My question is do ALL Olmsted buckrams have this same combo?
(2) The name of the editor appears on the spine along with the name of
the author. (This is also the case with the non-buckram Olmsted.)

Check it out here (scroll all the way to the bottom of the page):

http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/bindingsBuckram/bindingsBuck.html

Don't believe everything that you think.