[ModLib] ML "The Possessed" First American Edition?

Michael Watson archetype at 20ants.com
Wed Jun 25 15:24:05 EDT 2008

Scot,

Cool. Does the blurb say, or does anyone know, which chapter this is?

-Michael

Quoting Scot Kamins <kamins at modernlib.com>:

> Folks,
>
> I was adding some DJ blurbs to the Website (thanks to John Peterson &
> John Wolansky) when I read these lines from a 1967 printing of
> Dostoyevsky's The Possessed:
>
> "The Possessed has the distinction of appearing as a first American
> edition, in that it contains a hitherto-suppressed chapter. Avrahm
> Yarmolinsky, who provides a foreword and the translation of the newly
> discovered chapter, explains the political reasons for the suppression
> and the manner in which the original was released from the Russian
> archives."
>
> Who knew?
>
> Scot Kamins

  Michael Watson, bookman
  www.20ants.com  archetype at 20ants.com
  Traditional courtesies to the trade. Always seeking better books.
  Specializing in fine press and unusual non-fiction.
  Member: Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA)
  www.ioba.org
  Offering a safe bookbuying experience at
  www.iobabooks.com/browse_books.php?id=47132