[ModLib] ebay people are a strange lot

Terry I. Seymour tseymour at ptd.net
Fri Feb 1 15:50:15 EST 2008

Increasingly people are reluctant to publicly exhibit their interest in a
book by making a bid. Thus, they will watch and submit their bid very late
in the auction. Bid sniping programs are exacerbating this problem. At least
one seller I know of has tried to combat this practice by vowing to pull the
item off the auction if no bids are received by two days from closing.My
guess is that at least half of those people who are "watching" will bid on
it in the final hours of the auction.
Terry Seymour