[ModLib] New ML Project Starting: Dust Jacket Date Range Project

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Sun Dec 28 17:56:55 EST 2008

Folks,

Darrell Johnson has convinced me to start the Dust Jacket Date Range
Project.  This project has been suggested by others in the past, but I
think the time is now right.

Each dust jacket image on ModernLib currently has a single date
associated with it -- the actual date of the dust jacket scanned in
(eg 1936) . That date would be replaced by a date range (eg 1934-
1938) when that dust jacket was actually current. A DJ used for just
one year would say "1936 only".  If we haven't determined the range,
the date would remain as it is now -- the date of the DJ actually
scanned.

Darrell has offered to be the clearing house for all info; he'd
correlate it and send the info to me. I'd then enter the changes.

All that remains is to figure this out: How do we know how long a DJ
was used -- that is, the first date it was issued as well as the date
it was replaced by a different one.