[ModLib] Anybody know condition standards for ephemera?

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Tue Dec 2 20:45:54 EST 2008

On Dec 2, 2008, at 5:10 PM, pecksgrove at aol.com wrote:

> The condition is the grade.  You don't have to go to the extent of
> defining what has been difined.

I don't know what you mean. Perhaps I'm being unclear in my question.

Catalogs, pamphlets, and other paper ephemera are more likely to
degrade quickly than are books. Often the paper was extremely cheap --
many times newsprint may have been used. It was highly acidic, prone
to drying, brittling, and foxing.

So are you saying you don't give it a condition word such as Very Good
or Fair, you just describe the defects?